Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
s not always been the case. It is great to see a whole week dedicated to celebrating
Oklahoma City, OK (SportsNetwork. Benson Mayowa Jersey .com) - Kevin Durant posted 34 points with eight rebounds and the Oklahoma City Thunder claimed a hard-fought 109-102 victory over the Washington Wizards on Friday. Russell Westbrook checked in with 22 points and six assists, while Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison added 13 and 10 points, respectively. Oklahoma City has won two straight and four of five overall. Bradley Beal led the Wizards with 21 points to go along with 10 rebounds and John Wall registered 14 points with 12 assists in the setback, Washingtons second straight defeat on the heels of a three-game winning streak. With the game tied at 95-95 and under five minutes to go, Durant buried a 3- pointer from the top of the arc. He then hit a stepback jumper two possessions later for a 100-95 led, prompting a Washington timeout with 3:23 left. Out of the huddle, Nene hit a mid-range jumper prior to Westbrook slashing through the lane for a layup. Durant really put the pressure on the visitors after each team exchanged misses, converting an alley-oop layup with Paul Pierce draped all over him at 1:42. He hit the ensuing free throw, then Washington responded with five straight points to cut it to three. Westbrook stole an errant pass from Wall with 28.9 seconds left, missed the layup due to some trailing defense from Wall, but Ibaka was there to clean up the rebound. Westbrook then hit a pair of free throws in the final seconds to secure the win. Washington led 29-28 after the first quarter and pushed the margin to 57-55 at the half. Walls runner gave the Wizards an 82-74 lead late in the third, but Durant knocked down a pair of treys to close the quarter as part of an 8-0 run. Game Notes The Thunder scored 16 points off 15 turnovers ... OKC shot 53 percent from the floor ... There were 16 ties and 13 lead changes, with each team taking a game-high eight point lead. Andre Smith Jersey . Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday. Justin Pugh Jersey . - Vince Carter, heading into his 17th NBA season, doesnt consider age a big issue anymore. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/C...le-Jersey/ . And by all indications, the team is expected to select phenom Connor McDavid with their selection. The Buffalo Sabres, who were knocked down to the second overall pick after finishing with the worst regular season record, are expected to take the other generational player in Jack Eichel.Chelsea forward Eni Aluko thinks Women In Sport week has been a major success in terms of raising awareness and encouraging young women to take up sport. Sky Sports News HQ has produced a week of big-name features and interviews in an effort to inspire the next generation.And the 29-year-old Aluko, who has represented England 90 times at international level, thinks the week will have a positive impact. Speaking to Dharmesh Sheth of SSN HQ at the Leaders In Sport Business summit, Aluko said: Every time I switch on Sky Sports News this week, I see womens sport, and that has not always been the case. It is great to see a whole week dedicated to celebrating womens sport, female athletes, and raising awareness for those who dont know too much about women in sport. Maggie Alphonsi was a member of the 2014 World Cup winning team You cant get away from it this week!It has reminded me as well, as a female athlete, how important it is for me to keep pushing the boundaries and make sure my role is empowering young girls.Any young girl who switches on the telly to Sky Sports is going to be bombarded with great, positive reinforcements of women in sport.England rugby great Maggie Alphonsi thinks progress is being made but that getting more women into sporting boardrooms also has to be on the agenda.Women can now do sport as a job, said Alphonsi. Girls can get into a sport and know, actually, if I stay in this sport, I could potentially go to the Olympics, I could do this as a proffessional career. Chase Edmonds Cardinals Jersey. hereas when I got into sport, there were no aspirations towards that. I just did the sport because I absolutely loved it.I think there are more opportunities, and the only challenge we have is helping women be successful in the corporate world. Sport is progressing, but we have still got areas to overcome like professional contracts, more visibility in the media, and sponsorship is also still a big issue.But, if we can cross it over into the corporate world and get more women in influential positions, I think that will be a progression forward. Nicola White (L) celebrates with teammate Sam Quek after scoring a goal against the Netherlands in the Olympic final Sam Quek, who won gold with the Great Britain hockey team at Rio 2016, thinks that girls taking part in sport purely for the fun of it also need to be encouraged.Young girls need role models to look up to, said Quek. But it is also important to recognise the young girls who are doing sport just to be healthy and for the enjoyment.The reality of the situation is that not every girl playing sport is going to be at the elite level - the majority are doing it to keep busy and it is important that we reach out to those girls as well. Also See: What is Womens Sport Week? Adlington: More pressure on women Chelseas special night Konta makes China semi-finals Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '